Gregory Bushway – Attorney at LawGregory@bushwaylawfirm.com
- University of Kentucky, B.A. (1981)
- Vanderbilt Divinity School
- Emory University, M. Div., J.D. (1986)
- United States District Court
- Middle District of Georgia
- Northern District of Georgia
- Recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyer in Georgia
Professional Experience in Macon, GA
- Faculty member at National College of District Attorneys in Columbia, SC (5+ years)
- Assistant District Attorney in Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit (1995-2013)
Gregory Bushway grew up in Mayfield, Kentucky, and attended the University of Kentucky where he was nominated for The Rhodes Scholarship, became a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in History in 1981. He received his Master of Divinity and Doctor of Law at Emory University, graduating in 1986.
Gregory has been practicing law since 1988 and served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit from 1995 to 2013. As a criminal defense attorney today, his experience as an Assistant District Attorney allows him to see his clients’ cases from every angle, understanding firsthand how the opposing counsel thinks and operates.
As a former Assistant Pastor at Mulberry United Methodist Church, his compassion and keen ability to listen and sympathize with his clients is both refreshing and unique when combined with the aggressive, highly skilled manner in which he defends his clients.
Gregory co-founded Bushway & Waystack in 2013 to provide individuals with dedicated, knowledgeable representation. He is excited as this new chapter of practicing law in the private sector unfolds. When he isn’t representing his clients in court or busy at the office, Gregory enjoys running, baseball, and spending time with his wife and two daughters.